Friday, October 16, 2015

Boss's Day: 13 Spooky Video Game Bosses

Source

Last year I shared My Top 10 Favorite Horrifying Video Game Bosses in honor of Boss's Day.  This year I would like to continue the tradition and share with you 13 more spooky bosses.

Lavos - Chrono Trigger

Chrono Trigger is one of the best video games ever created.  The story is great, the battle system is fun, and there are loads of cool enemies to destroy.  Lavos, the main antagonist, is no push over.  I remember dying A LOT.  I love the catchy battle theme and the psychedelic backgrounds. Obviously, the following videos contain SPOILERS! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!





The Emperor of Blobonia
This boss was really fun to fight!  Not only are you fighting a big blob monster, but you also get to wear your blob as a mech suit and punch the crap out of the boss's face!


Skip ahead to 7:17 to see The Emperor boss fight


Skip ahead to 4:17 to see the Emperor's final form!

Majora's Mask
I know, I know, I'm being a little heavy on final bosses. But aren't final bosses usually the best?  They are if the game is any good!  You have to experience the Majora's Mask boss battle!  If you have the Fierce Diety Mask though the battle is a total cake walk.

Skip to 6:23 for the fight



Pumpkin-Ghost/Planet of The Apes
I'm going to count this is two different bosses.  In the original Japanese version of Monster Party for the NES the final boss of level 1 was a Planet of The Apes parody.  In the American version we got Pumpkin-Ghost.  "Please don't pick on me!" he says, ha!

Skip to 5:55

Skip to 4:20

William Birkin  
The coolest thing about William Birkin is you witness his gruesome transformations throughout the entire game!




Eye of Cthulu
A giant floating eye of death to has a large gaping mouth. Sounds like a winner!


Skip to 7:39 for battle

Bongo Bongo
The Shadow Temple boss.  It is invisible to the naked eye.


Deku Frog
She's gross, and another awesome Zelda mini-boss! 



Dooplis
Dooplis is a mischivious Boo that resides in the Creepy Steeple. He's a total hoot!

 

Ghost Train (Cuphead 2016)
Cuphead is an indie game set to release in 2016.  The game is stylized to look like a cartoon from the 1930's.  Cuphead and his friend Mugman made a bet with the devil and lost, so now must do his bidding.  Pretty much every level in this game is a boss fight, and they all look pretty fun.  We only catch a small glimpse of the Ghost Train boss from the trailers, but it looks amazing!


Dr. Zomboss
If you haven't played Plants Vs Zombies then you are missing out! I downloaded the free version a few years ago and I still play a quick game every now and again.  It's surprisingly addicting!  Dr. Zomboss is the only and final boss of the game.



Giygas
Considered by most to be the most disturbing video game boss of all time.  You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack. WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!



2 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a post on Boss Day! I enjoyed very much sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a very late reply, but thank you! I am glad you enjoyed it. This seems to be one of my more popular posts, so I guess I did something right. :)

      Delete